The Jan Kochanowski University has various forms of student accommodation available from halls of residence (dormitories) to flat sharing. According to the student’s preferences it is possible to stay in a dormitory, to rent a flat or a room. The Student Exchange Office at the University offers foreign students full assistance in finding accommodation. A ‘study buddy’ provides guidance, advice and help to incoming students in the process of booking accommodation.
Dormitories at the Jan Kochanowski University
The University provides students with accommodation in four dormitories located in the town centre (ul. Śląska). Student dormitories offer:
- a place (shared room),
- a room in a double-room apartment,
- a room in a three-room apartment
- a studio (one bedroom apartment).
In some cases you will also need to pay a returnable deposit equal to the monthly or bimonthly rent. The monthly cost of one place is about 330 – 450 PLN.
+48 41 349 73 58
|+48 41 349 73 56||
+48 41 349 73 51
+48 41 349 73 63
Foreign students are usually accommodated in the Dormitory MELODIA.
A double-room apartment includes two rooms with either 1 single bed, 2 separate single beds or 3 separate single beds each, a kitchenette and en-suite bathroom with shower.
Each room is equipped with:
- table and chairs
- internet access
- sat TV access
Kitchenette is equipped with:
- electric cooker
In the dormitory building, there is also a TV room and laundry equipped with washing machines, free of charge and available for all the students.
To apply you need to fill in an application form for foreign student accommodation https://erasmus.ujk.edu.pl/info-for-incoming-students/application-form/ The complete and signed application form must be emailed to email@example.com
For check-in you will need:
- 1 photo
- valid passport or ID card
The procedure takes place at the Dormitory Office – located on the ground floor, just after your arrival. The Head of your dormitory is the right person for check-in.
- inform Erasmus coordinator at the Student Exchange Office as well as the Head of Dormitory about your departure at least 5 working (not calendar) days ahead; take into account that 5 working days it’s a minimum and it is suggested to do it much earlier
- make sure that you paid for the room (monthly/daily payment, contact the Head of your dormitory if you have any doubts concerning the amount of money you need to pay),
- leave your room clean, the way you would like to find it yourself upon arrival
- don’t forget to take all your belongings
- return the room key to the reception
Rooms and apartments in Kielce
Finding housing in the town centre requires some preparations. The private sector landlords usually ask for a deposit which is typically the equivalent of one or two months’ rent. You can find a cheap and furnished room or a flat, conveniently located and fully equipped, which will offer more privacy and more possibilities than student dormitories.
Accommodation options most frequently picked by students:
- Shared accommodation is one of the common styles of living among students. It is most suitable for those who have already made friends in Poland and would like to share a flat together. Prices vary from 300 – 700 PLN/month per room depending on the location and standard.
- Students who prefer to live on their own can go for a flat. The prices vary from 750 – 1000 PLN/month per one bedroom apartment. A two bedroom apartment costs 1000 – 1500 PLN per month. A deposit of approximately one month’s rent is required.
These links will help you to find a nice room or a flat in Kielce:
Should you have any queries about the University housing, please contact the Student Exchange Office firstname.lastname@example.org